In short, ideally you would take the recommended following path with some prerequisites to prepare for the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam. These are NOT in any particular order though they work well as presented.
- Any candidate must have been associated with the I.T. industry in any role, financial,managerial, engineering, project management, etc for a period of time so that they understand servers, networking, and other basic I.T. terms.
- Any candidate must have either spent six months working on AWS (the official rec) or taken a least one product/project into production release status using AWS and have it used by customers for at least six weeks (my recommendation).
- Review the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Exam Guide
- Review the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Exam Sample Questions
- Take the AWS Cloud Essentials Practitioner Essentials (Second Edition) training online at any time.
- Take the instructor-led AWS Technical Essentials Course.
- Take an exam prep for the Certified Cloud Practitioner Course (one preferred here) with a live instructor who can chase the candidate’s weaknesses.
the above until you feel that you are ready. If you know someone who
has passed the exam checking in with them is even better ideally the
exam prep instructor can assist with that.
- Schedule and take the proctored AWS certified cloud practitioner exam.
- Rejoice for you are now certified in AWS !!!!!!!
This list, btw, can be extracted for any solution exam. Here is a simple list of recommended exam prep software on udemy by cert.
- Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Certified Solution Architect – Associates
- Certified System Operation – Associates
- Certified Developer – Associates
In long, this process highlights the necessary experience to pass the course. Note that this can all happen quickly if the 1st and 2nd recommendations around background experience and product experience are completed just by happenstance. Most people in I.T. or graduating from college have a solid background in I.T. to pass, but the 2nd option of taking a product into Production is necessary because under that crucible you really learn the basics of AWS. Without it, you have to have six months of playing with AWS because you don’t have the real world experience.
The 3rd, 4th, and 5th recommendations start you thinking how Amazon wants you to think about these services. The 6th and 7th 0ptions are essential because they put you in front of someone who can test your knowledge and comfort level with AWS which cannot be assessed well yet via the tests we have.
So there it is, seven steps to really become certified in a way to make it real and not just a trivia test of your AWS Cloud practitioner knowledge.
As always if you have any questions or need clarification let us know and we will gladly assist.